Hand, Wrist and Elbow Treatment
Though injuries of the hand, elbow, or wrist may not compromise your ability to walk and get around, having limited use of your hands can severely diminish your quality of life. Hand and wrist injuries are increasingly common, as many people put high stress on their wrists with deskbound careers that involve long hours of typing. Treatment of injuries in the hand require precise surgical techniques, because the structure of the hand is so complex. Similarly, there are many subtle nuances that can limit the success of elbow and wrist surgeries, so you will only want to entrust your care to the most experienced surgeons who are dedicated to modern advancements in orthopaedic care. MK Orthopedics can deliver this high level of care for the hands, wrists, and elbows, offering a complete range of treatments from conservative therapies to complex surgical procedures.
Your Upper Extremity Anatomy
The hand itself is a complicated structure of small bones, joints, muscles, and connective tissues. In order to function properly, it also relies on the proper alignment and health of the wrist and elbow. When any one of these structures is injured due to repetitive use injuries or sudden, acute impacts, you may not only have difficulty moving your hand freely, but you might also experience debilitating pain and discomfort.
Your Treatment Options
At MK Orthopedics, finding the right care is easy, because a full spectrum of orthopedic services is offered under one roof—including physical therapy and diagnostic imaging. Physician Dr. Mukund Konanduri can walk you through your options, which will include:
- Conservative Treatment – Particularly in the case of degenerative conditions and repetitive use injuries, our physicians may recommend more conservative treatments for hand, wrist, or elbow pain. Physical therapy, medications, and joint injections can all facilitate the recovery of soft tissue injuries and wear-and-tear on the joints by utilizing the body’s own healing mechanisms.
- Surgical Care – In some cases, the damage is too severe to respond to conservative therapies, so surgery will become necessary. Reconstructive surgery through arthroscopy is a minimally invasive and reliable surgical procedure that can restore the function of the hand or repair damage in the wrist or elbow.
Whether you need surgery or non-invasive treatment to resolve upper extremity pain and malfunction, MK Orthopedics is here for you with comprehensive hand, wrist, and elbow treatment in Crown Point. To schedule an appointment with one of our physicians, call our office or visit our website.
Why MK Orthopaedics?
- Joint Replacement Specialist
- Spine Fusion
- Sports Medicine Experience & Expertise
- One-Stop Comprehensive Care
- Injury Evaluation Within 24 Hours
- A Reputation for Real Results