Ankle Arthroscopy and Reconstruction
While some ankle injuries are relatively minor and will heal with simple rest and rehabilitation, others can be a major disruption in your life, causing difficulties in all activities. Conditions such as arthritis, fractures, and instability may necessitate surgical care with ankle arthroscopy and reconstruction in order to restore full function of the joint. MK Orthopedics can help you return to an active routine with advanced ankle surgery techniques in Crown Point as well as rehabilitative care with physical therapy.
Your Ankle Treatment Options
At MK Orthopedics, we will help you determine the right level of treatment to resolve ankle pain and restore full use. Surgery is far from the only solution, though it may be the most effective with certain conditions. Below, you can get a closer look at the various treatments that you might consider as an alternative to or in addition to ankle reconstruction.
- Cortisone Injections – Injections in the ankle can reduce inflammation, which will help to manage pain. This can facilitate more frequent activity to promote further healing of the joint along with weight management to keep excess weight off the ankle.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy is a fundamental part of orthopedic care, and this is why it is incorporated into the practice at MK Orthopedics. Patients will work one-on-one with therapists to restore strength and flexibility while reducing the chances of further injuries in an outpatient setting.
- Ankle Surgery – Ankle arthroscopy will use thin, specially designed tools—including a camera to see the structure of the joint—to access damaged tissues so that they may be repaired or removed. Because this procedure spares more healthy tissue and preserves the ankle structure, it typically has a success rate of about 90%.
How Surgery Can Make a Difference
There are some injuries and defects that may not be corrected by conservative treatments, so surgery will be necessary to restoring the ankle function. While surgery will pose a difficult recovery in which the ankle will not be able to bear full weight for several weeks, the long-term recovery of the joint will be successful. Ankle surgery may be the only way to ensure that an individual can continue to comfortably walk and participate in physical activity, which is essential for maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle.
If you are suffering from ankle pain and want a closer look at your treatment options, consult MK Orthopedics by calling us or visiting our website. Our diverse team of specialists can provide the care you need, from non-invasive treatments to advanced surgical techniques.
Why MK Orthopaedics?
- Joint Replacement Specialist
- Spine Fusion
- Sports Medicine Experience & Expertise
- One-Stop Comprehensive Care
- Injury Evaluation Within 24 Hours
- A Reputation for Real Results